Tuesday 6 September 2011

Red. Simply.

I was looking forward to Red, and it didn't disappoint. I liked it from the low-key flirting start with an excellent Bruce Willis and Mary-Louise Parker on. A wish list of actors (Brian Cox and Karl Urban are always welcome at my house in particular) even down to the shorter parts, like Rebecca Pidgeon's icy Cynthia and James Remar's plot point and nice, showy, but pleasing direction.

Great script too, and I liked the actual bad guy flat out yelling he was the actual bad guy and no-one really noticing at the time. A fantastic punch-up between Willis and Urban that really looked like it hurt for once, and a climax which wasn't about massive explosions, and I was all in all very happy. Sequel, yes, but only if the same amount of care goes into it.

No comments:

Post a Comment